1936 Lincoln K

peecher

Just saw this, I have no further details, for what it is worth, R

Parts for SALE: I have 2 left 40 ford car fenders in good condition need only a little work $150 each, also 1938/39 lincoln zepher front fenders w/headlight buckets a set in nice condition $325. may trade for early ford suspension lets talk thanks

jimmy king < [ EMAIL ]> 760-486-4113

15855 washoan rd, apple valley, ca. USA - Sunday, March 20, 2005 at 13:26:51 (EST)

Guest imported_V12Bill

A K Lincoln would be nice in anyones garage. Too bad the current owner didn't store it in his garage. I was talking to a K owner at a GOF Meet and he told me it costs about $15,000 to build up a K V12! And I thought $5,000 for an H V12 was a lot. I don't know who the body builder was on it but the OLD CAR PRICE GUIDE lists a range of $41,000 to $54,000 for a 4 door sedan in condition #1. Given the cost to rebuild a K V12, chrome plating and upolstery, your almost up to maximum that you could recoop. Add body work, paint, tires and a tank of gas and your over budget. I bet the owner turned down legitimate offers 20 years ago that were more than he can get now.

Bill

Bill

Amen! I watch a 36 Ford go from really good driving shape to being eaten by the Texas dirt over the past 25 years. The guy simply would not sell the car. Was doing to fix it up. Now it is well beyond even salvage for parts. The K would have been a great car, and if you had the money and wanted to just shell it out, still could be. But I looked at K limo for $17K a few months ago that actually ran and looked pretty good for an original car.

I kind of agree with V12Bill here....

You could put more into this car than it's worth to get it back to driveable, much less restored, condition. And my perception is that the market for "Full Classic" four-door sedans is very soft (check out Hemmings some time). Too bad, because this could have been a nice car if someone had taken even reasonable care of it.

Check out e bay # 4538464946, a 1937 Lincoln K sedan in very nice restored condition with a buy it now price of $33,000. And the one on e bay is a sportier model with no rear quarter windows. A new set of aluminum heads for a 1934 - 1939 K run about $2000. That car in Washington is worth about $4000, but as mentioned earlier here, it would cost more to restore it than it would be worth done. Yet, one would hate to part it out because it is complete.

Guest imported_V12Bill

The body appears to be aluminium (you can see silvery base where the paint is peeling off the rear body panel.) The wood frame for the body would have to be done.How much oxidation has occurred to the aluminium panels?Is there enough of the original upolstrey to draw a pattern?

My 48 Lincoln Zephyr was in similar condition when I bought it. I did the engine and trans rebuild myself and did all the body work and paint. By the time I paid to have the chrome and interior upolstrey done I had a little more in it than it is listed for in #1 condition.

I enjoyed working(playing) on the car for 5 years and can say that I saved another from the crusher, but I am going to have to keep it for 10 years for it to appreciate enough for me to break even .

Given the cost of K parts, sadly it may be best to consider this one for parts only.

Bill