Two of Nine Buicks

Terry29-26

I like Buicks with model years ending in 9. Would like to add a 1939 to my collection. My favorite is the 29-26,which I have owned for 30 years. When I bought it there was 32,000 miles on the odemeter. It now shows 98,000.

First BCA award for the 29 was in 1995 down in Ill..The hard luck award is not the one most owners try to get and I sure didn't set out to get it that year but it is the best award I have ever received. When I look at the trophy I remember all the good people I meet that year.

Since then it recived an Archival award in Boston (the first one given only because they were given out alphabetically). Next came a Bronze at the Rockford Regional. That was a 400 point judged meet and I belive the only Regional so judged. There was talk at that time that it might happen at other regionals but I have heard nothing more about the regionals being judge on the 400 point system. The only other award I would like is the DRIVEN AWARD. Though I have driven the 29 to all but the Flint Meet that I have attended I haven't been to one since BCA created it. Have to wait till 96 in MINN. web page

Terry ,I remember whan you were in the parking lot after the accident, and rebuilt the coupe enough to drive home! I was amazed that you had the tenacity to find the parts and fix it on site. You missed a really nice 39 Century coupe by about 10 months. I found a dandy ,and sold it to a BDE member from Wisconsin. If we don't see you in Batavia, we will see you in Minn.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_Thriller

Neat story...good to hear. People like you are folks I may need to meet. There is a '29 McLaughlin Buick 4 door (not sure which model) in the area that is part of an estate sale and I will be making arrangements to go see once the snow is melted. It needs work, but if I purchase it, it will be a bit of a throw back in time and I can only dream to be winning awards like yours.