'37 dodge brothers pick up in barn since '50...help!

sweetblue

i have come across one of those rare finds that we have all heard of.... i was helping an old friend of the family clean up her farm a few weeks ago... in an old barn was a 1937 dodge brothers pickup.... in original condition... it is dusty but in amazing condition.... she said i was welcome to it for whatever i wanted to giver her for it... appearantly there are no family around that know about it...lol or care....

what i would like to know is what a fair market price may be on it and if it is a vehical that is popular for restoration or hotrod conversion.... it is in good running condition with a flathead straight 6.....

any input, suggestions, or information would be greatly appreciated...:)

Well, I recently bought a 36 dodge 1/2 ton pickup for $2250 in "nearly running" condition, had been sitting unused outside for about 20 yrs. I've gathered that these 30's dodge truck are pretty rare, engine parts aren't hard to find but body parts are, so I hope it's complete that way. Also, I once bot a "running" '46 ford pu that had set for 30 yrs in storage w/ a full tank of gas - that created alot of extra work, especially since the guy i bot it from tried to drive it on that gas. Replace all fluids before driving I'd say! Offer her a fair price and good luck.

• 9 years later...