Need help to identify, please

Chris and Kendra

Guest sixpack2639

Kendra, I believe what you have are back-up light housings from an early 50's Buick Super or Roadmaster. They should be contoured on the back to mold around the rear bumper with brackets inside for the bumper bolts to hold them on. I believe in your pic you have them sitting upside down as there is an additional piece that bolts on top to complete the rear bumper trim. They are definitly not front park light housings from 51 Special as they are too small. Hope that helps, Carl

I take it that my suggestion about '52 Mercury fog light housings (again photographed upside down) on your BCA thread for these pieces didn't pan out. Perhaps it would help if you gave some measurements for the items, or better yet photographed them with a ruler for scale. 1951 Buick back-up light housings will be much smaller than '52 Mercury fog light housings or '51 parking light housings. smile.gif

Also I can't find any pictures of early 50's Buick back-up lights with the same contours (specifically the "lower" extension, assuming this picture is of the items upside down). Every image I can find seems to indicate that these items were consistently round on the bottom.

1952buickeightsupersedan2.jpg

buick6.jpg

Guest sixpack2639

After searching through several images of several different models of 50's cars I have to agree with Dave they appear to be 52 Mercury fog light housings but some measurements would help to prove this. Carl