Website Awards

MerryT

Are the website judging results going to be posted somewhere on the AACA site?

I was very surprised to receive an Award of Merit certificate for our website

because I consider myself to be a novice at this, and I didn't know about it ahead of time. I would have done more work on it if I had known! I would be interested to know of the other winners.

Congratulations on receiving the award and welcome to the forum! Your question is quite timely as I was preparing a post with info about the website awards and contest. This duplicates some of that info but it sure won't hurt to offer it more than once. Basically, the AACA Internet Committee reviews all region and chapter websites that are linked to the AACA site. There is a long list of items we are looking for, and it is a year-long process with each site getting several visits by committee members. The top sites are very much like good newsletters. They are active, up-to-date and of great value to the club in terms of providing useful information for their members. Good sites are also good recruiting tools, enabling new and prospective members to easily contact the club leadership, participate in activities, and join. Links to national, the junior page, etc are all important to serving the membership in the best possible fasion. The sites should be user-friendly, graphically appealing, functional, quick to load, and up to date. Let us know how we can help, and again, congratulations on gaining important recognition for your club!

Terry Bond

AACA National Director

Chairman, Internet Committee