Disk Brake Conversion

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Mike Pemberton

I have done all Oldsmobiles from 49 through 58 and 61 through 64. I have also done a 39 Buick.

The Olds should not be too difficult. I have the combo to put a 12" 5x5 rotor on your spindle but will actually need your spindle to proof the application of the necessary brackets and spacers. $20.00 extra for shipping and $120.00 bench time and the normal price of my kit of $185.00. The kit will include all brackets, spacers and sleeves if necessary, pictures, typed instructions for the other side, I will send you back one side completely assembled on you spindle, a parts list and tech support. My recommendation is for a firewall mount master/booster/swing pedal assembly. If you need to do a floor mount you will be on your own for that part. What I will get you to is a full 12" 5x5 rotor, caliper, roller bearings, hoses, calipers all off of a 4400lb mid 70's GM product onto your stock suspension. If you have room on the firewall it makes things a lot easier. All parts recommended are off the shelf GM remanufactured parts found at any reliable parts house. No billit or speciality parts. Break down go to Napa. Have about 90+ of my kits on the road at this time. Brackets are from 1/2 inch plate and are really over built. If you want to call and talk to me it is toll free at 510-501-6299 or email at mpemberton@charter.net.

Thanks

Mike Pemberton OCA #15766

963 Old Nevada Way

Gardnerville, Nevada 89460

Fax 775-265-0716

• 1 month later...

I saw your post on disc brakes for a '41 Olds. Did you get this worked out? Will you sell the bracket and supply info on bearings,calipers and rotors? Or is this sold as a kit only? What do you supply with the $185 kit? Do you still require sending spindles?

Thank you,