First post

dual carbs

Hi,

My name is Rich, married almost 20 years, 3 kids, all of them needed braces, one of them entering college next year, monthly house payment... on and on. Probably not much different from any of you.

I've been visiting this site, mainly the classified section, almost daily for a year or so. I figured it was time to join the group and hopefully learn some Buick stuff.

I had a 39 Opera coupe when I was a kid in 1976 and have always wanted another Buick. My friend had a 41 stashed away in his garage for just about 10 years, and I had asked him the day he bought it that if he ever sold it to please give me first crack at buying it. He put less than 200 miles on the car in time he had it. The speedo still reads under 10,000 (ten thousand) original miles, and it works fine. My friend is getting up in years and true to his word, 2 years ago, gave me first chance to buy it from him now that he can't drive any longer. I had to sell my Model T (now I miss that car) and all my flathead speed equipment to but it and it took me 3 months to gather up all the cash to buy it, but it was worth it. And I'm very grateful to him for giving me the time to do so.

The car still has the original interior but the body's been painted once. There's very small tell-tell signs that the right side was hit at some time in her life, and I figure that's why and when it was painted. For now the car will stay as it is. The right front fender has a small dent in it that my friend did to it loading it on the car hauler when he bought it along with other small nicks and character marks. I've just been doing little things to it to make it road worthy. Rebuilt the dual carbs, wheel cylinders, re-doing some of the wiring stufff like that.

Sorry for the long first post, here's a few pics of it (I hope)

41-1.jpg

41-3.jpg

41-5.jpg

41-2.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest imported_Thriller

Very nice car. That '39 Opera coupe would have been neat too...if you have photos, please post away (assuming you haven't already...I'm catching up). What is that colour combination? It kind of looks like a dual grey to me? Very striking.