Racecars that look like old cars.

Shop Rat

This Legends racing is great, but still an expensive hobby like old cars are. I doubt the purse is large enough to pay the bills. They do have a lot of wreck damage plus the traveling, etc. Most have some sponserships to help them, but over all it would be a lot of fun. Several of the NASCAR guys are in it and I think they would have high dollar operations. Jack

Here he is racing at Lonesome Pine Speedway in Coeburn, Va. No he is not leading but the photo makes it look like he is. One of the main attractions to us was that all of the cars are fashioned after antique cars that were among the first to become race cars.

The guy that is the dealer for them in Bristol, TN also deals in restoring and selling antique cars of all kinds. His dealership is called Rumbles Auto Sales.

It is expensive but not as much as some. Here is a photo of one bad wreck that he had. And yes, the payouts are small. Sometimes it only covers his pit pass. But like any hobby it is the friends we have made that keep us going back.

Now you know why he has so many auto related tools. Between the antiques and the "toy antique"...... laugh.gif

When the legends series was just getting off the ground they were a sponsor for a vintage car race I volunteered for in Pittsburgh. When my son first saw their display (he was about 3 or 4 years old) he said: "<span style="font-style: italic">Hey, look Daddy! They have old cars for kids. Can I have one?</span>" grin.gif.

About once a year at Kil-Kare Speedway near Xenia, Ohio they bring vintage racecars in and run them around the track in a mock race.

And kids love the Legends cars. They all think they can drive it because it is so small. Then we let them sit in the seat, which for Bill is flush to the floor for all the headroom he can get, and they are looking at the dash.

He has raced with a kid named Jesse Smith that is about thirteen now but very tiny. They built a special aluminum box to put his seat up on and put in special pedals. Jesse was last year's "Young Lion" Champion. He competes with adults and wins. laugh.gif