My Buick likes to go camping!

My wife and I like to go camping. We have been tent camping up until this year. Tent camping was getting tedious with setting the darn thing up, and praying it didn't rain. A few years back we saw this neat little camper while stopped at an interstate rest stop. It was a Scamp, and on its spare tire cover was an 800 number. We wrote down the number and called for a catalog. We found that the units are very light weight-960 pounds- and made of fiberglas. The unit we liked with all the goodies that we wanted was a little pricey, plus we would have to drive to Minnesota to take delivery, or pay extra to have it shipped. We decided to try and find a used one for sale. Finding a used one is not easy. I watched the newspaper for 1 1/2 years. Finally one slow Friday at the office this past August, I check the paper and saw a 1995 13 foot Scamp for sale nearby. I called right away and was the 1st to do so. He was leaving town in an hour and would not be back until Sunday morning. We could come and see the trailer Sunday morning. Nancy said we need to be the first to show up Sunday so we made an 8:30 AM appointment. When we showed up the guy said he had 20 calls on the recorder he needed to return. Well we fell in love with the cute little trailer and wrote out a check to hold it until I could get the credit union loan check. I went to pick the trailer up that Wednesday and the seller told me about some guy who tried to offer more money and buy it out from under me. The guy even insisted on coming out to see it. Luckily the seller was honest and held to our agreement. We love our little camper and my wife has nic-named it "Baby". It is small, but for the 2 of us it is perfect and it sure beats being in a tent when it rains. We only got to use it 2 times so far - the second time was to go to Hershey in October. I'm sure glad she likes old cars and camping. We look forward to lots of get away weekends this summer. We plan on driving the 68 Skylark and the Rendezvous/Scamp combo to the Buick National in Batavia in July. Keep a lookout for the funny little camper behind a Rendezvous that looks like this.