My grandparents and 3 1950's era Buicks

I have had this picture of my grandparents standing in their driveway in April, 1958 for years. Behind them are two 1955 Buicks and their 1957 Buick is in the garage. What is really interesting is what we found years later when the store that my grandfather founded was closing it's doors. My dad was cleaning out the safe in the office and found the original invoices for these and other Buicks purchased by our family. I have the pictures, and the invoices, now if I only still had the cars to go with them..... wink.gif

I'll post the picture here and the invoices. It sure would be cool if someone on the board here actually owned one of these cars now.

Tom, the photo of your grandparents and their Buicks is priceless! Looks to me like you have an incredible Buick heritage.

Those old invoices are a treasure. I especially enjoyed seeing that the selling dealership sold both Buicks and Studebakers.

Thanks for sharing these with us. It's fun to "turn back the clock" to the 1950's.

Thanks Brian. I hope the guys here on the board with 55's and 57's compare the VIN numbers on the invoices to the numbers on thir cars. It would be interesting to see if the cars are still alive and where they ended up. The dealership building on the invoices is up for sale now and I'd love to buy it. It's a really cool old brick building - 3 stories with basement all connected with an elevator to move the cars between floors.

Guest Reatta1

Lordy, Lordy, Lordy, don't you wish you could still get a license and title for five and a half bucks!!!!!! To say nothing of a new car for under five grand.

How I long for the good ole days.