My 59 Electra 225

BRAD59

I've tried everything I know and with help from centurian and big fella at www.electra225.com to post my pictures and have realized I know how to make an old Buick run but can't do a photo post. Please go to the " Collectable Automobile Photo Post" icon on this page and click on buick photos to see my beast. I bought this car in Oct.2003 from my brother in Louisiana. He has about 400 old cars and trucks and this came out of his " field collection" that is it sat in his yard for 10 years. Originally sold at Francis Edwards motor company in Shreveport, Louisiana my brother got it on trade for an old chrysler. He hauled it to Hershey for me, I hauled it home and last summer got it running. Jeff Lundberg from this site furnished a radiator since the original had been stolen.Thanks, Jeff. Did brakes over, new tires, tune up,changed tranny fluid and filter.It came alive fairly easily. Had to weld in some floor panels because rain water had sat in carpets making a big stinky sponge! Had to gut the interior. Put in seats out of a 89 Cadillac sedan deville somebody gave me. Drove to the Road agents "Rockabilly Rumble" in East Hartford Connecticut last july and had a ball driving the car all this year. It seems to run very well and I have room in my garage so it won't deteriate any further. Just a fun car to drive and I will slowly work on it as I drive it. This will never be a perfect car because of the condition it is in but I don't care. It is just one cool ride. I have my nephews and niece ( 4-7 years old ) convinced it was the original Batmobile and when they visit they always want to go for a ride! Anyhow, this is my Buick,Brad.

Here are the photos of Brad's '59:

SM-side.jpg

SM-rear.jpg

Brad, thanks for sharing your great photos and story. We look forward to hearing the ongoing progress! The '59 225 is a very desirable model, and I think that your nephews and niece are pretty fortunate kids to be able to ride in the original Batmobile.

Always nice to see another '59 here.

• 7 months later...

Brad59, cool car to restore. The only thing for me is I just sold my 225 4dr hdtp a few months ago and these pics remind me how much I wish I could of found a way to keep it and get a conv. at the same time! good luck with your car and just think of the day when your cruiz'n down the road with a big smile on your face! Hans

Hans,been having that big smile on my face. Like I said a year ago, I may not restore it! I've just been having fun driving it the way it is. It runs great. Just little stuff to do,like windows don't work yet, no radio, no headliner or door panels. But man does that 401 sound good with dual pipes and leaky mufflers! Everybody stops me and wants to know what it is. Later this year I think I'll dig a little deeper into the repairs. Brad.

• 3 months later...