Sell your extra 1938-39 Zephyr tail lights on ebay NOW!

imported_Phil Knapp

When Bob Drake gets wind of these prices, perhaps he'll start reproducing them!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

(If you can?t view this item on ebay, it is a pair of taillights that sold for $925)

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

(If you can?t view this item on ebay, this pair of taillights sold for $1,057.32)

Right on the more as parts that whole view. Sad too. I realize parts are necessary, took me forever to find 37 tail light globes, but the thought of restorable sedans being carved up for parts when there are so few left is a bit disturbing. Still, it happens to LZs, Packards, Auburns and everything else. History being junked for the all mighty dollar.

Ace -

Today's streetrods are the equivalent of the '70s leisure suits and shag carpets -- some day we'll all shake our heads and laugh about our TOTAL lack of taste. Of course, by then it will be too late for alot of cars.

What really worries me about this is that folks like Ace and me have to be very careful where we park. All it takes is a 1/4 inch twist to steal the taillights off of a '36-7.

Cecil,

It may take more than for mine that a short twist. I used piano wire as the retaining clip and made sure they were stuck on really good (Roy Thorson suggested that to me). By the way, looks like I have a garage mate for the 37. I am going to buy a 34 Auburn sedan. Very solid older car, will be a great driver as is. I should have it here by January 10th or so.

Guys, I didn't mean to suggest that anybody start parting out their Zephyr! There are precious few of them left already with street rodders gobbling them up like candy! The operative word here is "EXTRA". If we all unload our EXTRA parts on ebay at ridiculous prices and Bob Drake starts reproducing them, we can get excellent reproduction spares at a lot cheaper price and make a buck or two in the process. cool.gif

Hmmm... I wonder how a pair of blue dot '39 FORD taillights would look on my Zephyr...... ooo.gif

Ace -

What did you ever do about the ring that goes with your taillight? Were you able to find or reproduce one?

Looking forward to seeing pics of the Auburn! Maybe once you have it, you'll be able to tell us why the CCCA considers Auburn 8s full classics, but not our ugly old Zephyrs frown.gif

Cecil,

I actually found the beauty rings and clips, but the small clips that go onto the retraining rings were in poor condition, so adapted with Roy's wire method. It seems the lights are on very well, but only time and rough roads will tell.

How is the coupe coming? By the way, finalized a deal on a 34 Auburn to with the LZ today. It is also a sedan.