Me and My 54 Roadmasters

Guest imported_MrEarl

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the change is fallin out of your pockets grin.gif </div></div>

NO CHANCE OF THAT...pocket lint maybe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Mr. Earl. I think I recogonize that photo. A friend at work found a postcard with this same picture on it I believe. Does the Picture show a service station or advertising board with Albany NY on it?

JohnD

Guest imported_MrEarl

JohnD,

All I have is an electronic copy of this. Got it from a lady out west that was selling a 54 Super she had had since high school and she emailed it to me. She didn't want to part with the original card though. I'd love to have that post card if your friend would like to sell it. wink.gif

BTW I finally found a couple of pictures of my first 54 from back in the 70's so hope to be posting something soon.

I'll check with him on Monday and see if he still has it.

What I was going to say is, if this is the picture I'm thinking of, this was taken in the area where this fellow lived. He was familiar with all the surroundings. That's whay he picked it up in the first place.

I'll check it it out an let you know.

KD

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Lamar, PM your address to me, so I can send you the card. BTW Gene was right. That is not NY. My friend had a different post card for the Albany station, showing 8 Service station attendants servicing a 1960 Buick 4 door. I got the two confused.

JD

Guest imported_MrEarl

Done. Man I can't believe you found this. Thank you so much, what goes around comes around, I'll return the favor someday!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_MrEarl

JohnD

GOT IT, and just wanted to publicly thank you. The wording on the back is "I think I've found the trouble". I like some of y'alls phrases better smile.gif

thanks again John

• 1 month later...
Guest imported_MrEarl

Well I finally got my tie outa the fan belt so here goes...

I'll start off with telling about my first buick. My first memory of a Buick was my dads 48 or 49 Special but my first Buick purchase happened when I got out of the Marines back in '72. I got to know my neighbor of where I was renting and he had two old Buicks. A 54 Buick 2 door post Special and a gangster style 36 or 37 Special. He had had to stop driving them due to his age a couple of years earlier. At the time all I had was a Volkswagon bus that I had just returned from a long,long "trip" to California in and it was on it's last leg after dropping a valve on the third of Three Sisters Hills on the unterstate out in Lyman, Wyoming. Well one day while I was at home due to the ol "bus" not being able to get me to work the old gentleman offered me my choice of his old Buicks for $250.00 and payments of $50 a month. I was elated to say the least and jumped on the 54 Special. It was emerald green and totally original. I installed my 8 track in it and off I went... sewing my wild oats all over northeast Georgia.The auto pilot never worked very well in that ol Special and I ended up cleaning out one to many ditches. It eventually got parked in the back yard and I went to something a little more sportier, a 1970 Triumph GT-6+ and a 1974 Fiat 124. Eventually I had to sell it in order to afford to buy my new wifey a washing machine.As you can imagine I gained a lot of fond memories and affection for that big ol green Buick and always knew I'd have another someday. So upon selling my herd of internationally known Red Boer goats 27 years later I bought me another big old Buick. A 54 Roadmaster this time.I'll tell more about it later.

The first two photos are of Breeze. So named by one of my girl friends upon my opening the underdash vents and the sudden blast of air blowing her skirt waaaay back affording a view that made any further driving quite hazardous.

13028Breezefrt.jpg

If you look close you can see the GT6+ in the background.

13028meandBrezze.jpg

And here is the '70 Triumph GT6+ Boy that thing would scat, and with overdrive too!!

13028GT6_.jpg

Fiat124resiz.jpg

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cool...so Breeze would be a happy memory overall then wink.gifsmirk.gifcool.gif </div></div>

That would indeed be a very fair statement....

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When's the next installment due Mr Earl, I'm looking forward to seeing your current fleet </div></div>

Not much of an installment but here's the "fleet".

I'm having a real problem these days getting around to working on them due to a certain Volvo, Isuzu Trooper and Toyota Camry that need attention. Seems once family members learn you can turn a wrench they forget there's such a thing as a garage that one can pay a mechanic to fix such things a turbos, water pumps, brakes, radiators and the list goes on!!!!!

Anyway, to tell a little about what you see here, all are in original condition except the one in the middle. Thats my future hot rod seeing as someone already painted it up the wrong color's Ie wasn't no such thing as a bottom, middle, top color scheme in 54. I think a cobalt blue with ghost flames comin outa the portholes would look cool.

I'll tell more about the rest of them later. Rita just called out that supper is ready. smile.gif

lineofRdmstrs2.jpg

• 2 months later...
Guest imported_MrEarl

Pulled this 55 4 dr hardtop Century and 56 4dr hardtop Special out of a field today. Been sittin there since the late 80's. Both are pretty straight and mostly all there. Too good to part out so I don't know what I'll do with them. Feller had another old Buick in the barn. It can be viewed in the pre-war forum

100_0491.jpg

100_0501.jpg

100_0502.jpg

Guest invicta592

Blimey MrEarl, I know Buick's are good cars, but you don't have to own ALL of them you know!

At this rate your signature will be longer than your posts

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I'll be interested to hear your decision on their fates.

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Blimey MrEarl, I know Buick's are good cars, but you don't have to own ALL of them you know!

At this rate your signature will be longer than your posts

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I'll be interested to hear your decision on their fates. </div></div>

Only the 54's qualify for my signature. wink.gif

I'll probably try and find good homes for these puppies.

Guest imported_MrEarl

Bill, the "look what followed me home" excuse only worked until one day when she said "You just wait to see what follows me home some day". I didn't even try and guess what that might be.

Actually I think these were sort of a consolation for not being able to go to Batavia. They were definitly a rescue buy, many more years out in the elements would have did them in.

I couldn't believe all but one tire was still holding air and some of them are the old wide whitewalls.

I'll probably be looking for good homes for these puppies.

Guest my3buicks

The 55 (now this is going from memory) looks like the color combo shown in the "Spring Special" brochure introducing the 4 dr hardtops.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_MrEarl

Well I guess most of you know by now that I had to work while everyone else was up in Batavia having a good time. But upon finally getting off work Saturday afternoon I took a little time to relax with my sweet Rita and a very good friend of ours Teri. As we were finishing off a couple of Fuzzy Navels (note the Buick tumbler) and I was giving her a tour of my 54's, I noticed she had on a dress that complimented the colors of my Buttercup. I asked her if she'd like to have some pictures made with Buttercup and this is what she said....

36at75.jpg[/image]

35at75.jpg

37at75.jpg

34at75.jpg

41at75.jpg

Not bad for a couple of 54 models,eh. Pretty sure they're both all original too.

Kinda took my mind off the BCA Nationals for a little while at least.

grin.gif

Guest invicta592

BCA nationals?? What BCA nationals??? (Sorry, got distracted smile.gif)

Let me guess what she said...

"Keep your mind on your drivin', keep your hands on the wheel, and keep your shifty eyes on the road ahead, coz we're havin' fun. sitting on the back seat, huggin' and a kissin' with Fred"

Now, if thats what owning so many 54's gets you, I need to find me a few more '59s...... quicklike grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Guest imported_Thriller

Imagine what she would do with a few (more) drinks...time to remove mind from gutter....

Guest imported_MrEarl

Gee, Buttercup sure has gotten popular lately. This thread is still gettin a lot of hits for some reason.

Also, Rita advised me of a couple of things I better set straight now. First off it's Terry, not Teri. and secondly I got the model year wrong.That's all I'm saying!! except maybe someday she can pose on Mike's 55...

Terry's a sweety pie. She and Rita have been best friends since college. I appreciate y'alls "nice" comments.Thanks for keeping them so. I really didn't have to think twice of posting this on this forum. On the other hand I'd never think of posting on some of the others.

Now if I can just get her to wear something in Gulf Turquoise on her next visit grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Now if I can just get her to wear something in Gulf Turquoise on her next visit grin.gif </div></div>

Ok, but my 55 is Cascade blue, Mr.Earl. wink.gif

Mike

Pics to come as soon as I can figure out how to translate the picture loading instructions into macintosh.

Lamar,

No need to worry about posting Terry's pictures. We are all civilized and gentlemen. Besides, we all would like to see more pictures of Buttercup and Terry. A calendar should be produced, it would be much better than any calendars we have all seen hanging in garages. This one would be innocent fun from a vey lovely Georgia Peach.