Sites for posting photos for uploading

Guest imported_MrEarl

Guest imported_MrEarl
confused.giftongue.gifCan someone recommend other sites to post photos onto so they can then be downloaded onto this site. The friendlier and more simple the better. Is there typiclally a waiting period for them to be approved on all sites. If there are many responses to this and Roberta thinks it would be beneficial perhaps this could become another helpful sticky.

Guest imported_Thriller

Personally, I use the web page space provided to me by my service provider. However, I do know some people use Photobucket and Shutterfly. I can't really say anything about them as I don't use them myself.

I have noticed though that if people use some sites (could it be Sharemation perhaps) that they have to be careful to make them publicly viewable otherwise when you open the forum page with the photo, you get a login prompt from them - if you don't have an account, you won't be able to see the pictures.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest imported_MrEarl

I joined the Webshots site and even went for the $24.00 annually deal in order to have more photos, but after I loaded up a bunch of photos I start trying to figure out how to link an image on the BCA Forum page to my album pictures and I find this answer in their "Help" FAQ.

"I used to be able to link images from the Webshots Community to other websites, but now it's not working. Why?

Due to abuse, you can no longer display Webshots images on other websites. You can only view Webshots images from Webshots pages and within the Webshots software. Alternatively, you can post a link to the page that contains the image you'd like to display."

So does this mean I can't poat an image directly into a BCA Forum thread page.Are you able to post images from your account with Webshots

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I joined the Webshots site and even went for the $24.00 annually deal in order to have more photos, but after I loaded up a bunch of photos I start trying to figure out how to link an image on the BCA Forum page to my album pictures and I find this answer in their "Help" FAQ.

"I used to be able to link images from the Webshots Community to other websites, but now it's not working. Why?

Due to abuse, you can no longer display Webshots images on other websites. You can only view Webshots images from Webshots pages and within the Webshots software. Alternatively, you can post a link to the page that contains the image you'd like to display."

So does this mean I can't poat an image directly into a BCA Forum thread page.Are you able to post images from your account with Webshots </div></div>

OK I asked that question last night around 11:00. Tired, worn out, sleeppy...got up this morning 6:00 thinking I'll just try it and see what it does. Now I can't even get connected to Webshots.com. So far me and Webshotos aren't getting along. Does anyone ever have trouble getting connected to Webshots?

Guest imported_MrEarl

testing

254664818nfeJiy_ph.jpg

edit) OK, I finally got through to webshots and this is what I get when I try and do an image.(I'm seeing a picture frame with a red X in the middle) Someone please let me know if I'm not doing something correct here, otherwise I'll be uninstalling (which I bet won't be an easy thing to do either) and looking for another. Any suggestions. I would really like to find one that has albums similar to Webshots and maybe even in the format of a mini website.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_Thriller

Photobucket.com is a site that a lot of guys at the fishing sites I frequent use. There are some others, but I'm having trouble coming up with names...Imagestation (if I remember correctly, some folks don't like it). Some of them have a transfer limit, so after so many people look at your photos each day they won't allow the linking for the rest of the day.