1959 Invicta hiding in the UK

Guest invicta592

Guest invicta592

Ever since I first saw a picture of a '59 Buick in a book called Chrome back in about 1980, I've loved the look and lines of these cars. The aggressive looking front, and the way the fins grew out of the windshield and swept backward to that sharp, sharp fin tip. Not only that but I particulary like the side profile as the car "fuselage" appears to be perfectly straight and flat, with not much to let the casual onlooker know that there is even a fin there, until it drives by of course.

Having lived in the UK since 1990, the car has had a few "creative" engineering jobs performed on it, which I am gradually rectifying as, and when, time and money are available. Fortunately, the internet has enabled me to find and purchase many parts that were unobtainable from any UK source, (not to mention the considerable savings made by buying direct, and cutting out countless middle-men when they could get them!!).

My car no longer has its original paint (Silver Birch), nor its original interior. These were gone long before I bought her, but I like her as she is. She drives beautifully, she's fast, and reliable, but I have plenty of other jobs to do to her before those cosmetic jobs get high up the priority list smile.gif

As much as I like many cars from the earliest days, to modern (that 2005 Mustang looks great!) The 1959 Buick is, to me, the most beautiful car ever built, and while my particular one isn't in dream car condition (yet), she is MY dream car.

177464637_Invicta-med.JPG

Info

Bought new by Paul Swanson of Carmel, California

Stayed in his wife's possesion until April 1990

4 UK owners before me

Service history back to 1964

After years of neglect, back where she belongs...

on the highway.... cool.gif