another fluid drive question

Guest leadsled1953

Guest leadsled1953

i got the plug lined up no problem.but she wont move.i sprayed it with wd40 and will try again in a couple days.is it a left or right hand thread?better to ask than learn the hard way lol

Guest imported_BaronvonR

It should have no special threading....should come off the same way the one for your transmission does. I would continue to soak it in some sort of penetrating oil....just remember ...do not drop it once you get it loose...it is a real pain to try and recover it once it drops down...trust me:(

Guest leadsled1953

thanks. its been a learning experance havining this car.i thought the shifter was broken till an older man explained how the fluid drive worked.

Guest imported_BaronvonR

These cars are a blast to drive and will give you years of motoring pleasure. Just remember that they run best at 60-65, highway. These are low torque high rpm engines and the rear end is usually around 3.9-4.0....they will go all day at 60-65, but after that you can hear the engine really working and some of the early Chrysler products had soft crankshafts.....you don't want to end up with a knock....just take your time and enjoy.

Guest leadsled1953

i dont plan on running it hard.its only got 34000 miles on it.the neat thing is all the sevice stickers are on the inside of the door frame.it had 25000 in 1955 when the new tires were put on it.[they still hold air.] the owner died[he was 59 when he bought the car in 1950]his wife didnt drive so it sat.the following owners did the same.so it leaks.i just ordered wheel seals for the rear bearings .since they have 54 year old grease in them i plan on cleaning them and repacking them.

Guest imported_BaronvonR

So glad to hear that you are not going to destroy the car by chopping and rodding it.....these are beauties as they stand.

Low mileage cars like yours are indeed rare.