LIterature wanted

carbking

• 1 year later...

Bumping this thread.

The acquisition of literature for our library is an ongoing thing. Particularly interested in completing runs of various magazines published either by Pontiac Division of GM or by GM themselves which would have Pontiac information.

Pontiac magazines required (there may be other titles of which I am unaware):

Pontiac Warrior

Pontiac Owners Magazine

Pontiac Co-operation

Action Track

I have completed the run of Pontiac Safari, so do not require any of these.

GM magazines required (there may be other titles of which I am unaware):

GM Folks

Also still very interesting in acquiring audio/video Pontiac materials ie filmstrips, Super 8 filmloops, Tech-Trak, and laser discs.

I also have hundreds of duplicates of most of the above which I would be willing to trade.

Please help.

Jon.

Ron - I am aware of this, but the last time I checked, these items were not in that collection. I have been building a private Oakland / Pontiac library for research for about 40 years.

Hopefully, some AACA member or literature dealer will be able to fill a few blanks. I don't expect to live long enough to complete the entire library, but working at it.

Jon.

• 5 months later...

Bumping this thread.

Since the 30 August post, we have added many magazines, and a few films to the library; thanks to readers of this forum, and Ebay.

Right now we are really interested in completing the run of "GM Folks" magazine. These ran from May 1938 through June 1956. There should be 218 issues, unless there are "specials" of which I am unaware. To date, we have acquired 173 of these.

Would be happy to share an index of what we currently know exists from our Oakland/Pontiac library to interested parties.

Please help us with this research library.

Jon.