2 CI headlights for sale

Guest imported_24Chry48

Guest imported_24Chry48

I have a pair of rechromed very nice complete headligts for a 32 CI or 31 CM. I purchased them for an eight cyl. car and realized they were a bit smaller once I got them home. They have curved lenses, correct for deluxe 31 and 32. Price is $425. plus shipping.

Greg Biskey

Greg - I am not interested in purchasing the headlights you have, but I have a set that are too new for my 31CD8. I don't know what they fit. They have the curved lenses whereas my 31CD8 has flat. They appear to be about the same size, but I haven't really measured closely. These have never been restored but they are in good shape. If you are interested in them as possible fit for your car let me know and I can measure and/or take some photos to send you.

Thnaks,

Les Eastling

Guest imported_24Chry48

Greetings Les,

The 31 CD headlights for your car should have a raised trim piece around the sides of the bucket. The first and second series cars used these. In the third, or deluxe series, the trim piece was eliminated and replaced by a raised trim moulded into the bucket. The early series used flat lenses and the deluxe series went to curved. I have been told that many people switched their early series headlights to curved lenses because they liked them better. I have put all curved lenses in my CD roadster second series headlights and cowl lights. If you have the correct buckets, either lenses could be used. I ended up restoring my buckets for my 32 so don't need any replacements now, but may be interested in yours as spares, as I have both styles on different cars, so it wouldn't matter if they were early or late buckets. Let me know how much. My email is Impconsent@aol.com. Thanks,

Greg Biskey

Greg - thanks for the feedback on the headlights. I moved the car to my son's garage in Winston-Salem, NC, about a 100 miles from me, and all the parts are there. I will check the headlights out the next trip and take some pictures, measurements, etc. for you. My CD8 is an early model with the 240 cu. in. engine. I am looking for a cylinder head for it (mine has a minor crack in the top water jacket area) as well as the guts for the radiator opening thermostat. Any ideas where I might find these items?

Guest imported_24Chry48

Sorry, I can't help you now with a head or thermostat. Parts for these cars are tough to find. I think I sold you some items about ten years ago. Even then,they were scarce. Good luck,

Greg