1954 Buick Landau

bwarner

Well folks, the Landau arrived in good order, but she's had a rough few years. The paint is average, but I think wet sanding can bring it back. Good news is that there is minimum rust, except for the one off right rear bumper tip which is rotted. The drivers seat is cracked in places, but a good leather guy can fix it up. All the chrome needs attending, so the bumpers and grill are off to Graves Plating for renewal. The rear seat needs some repair, but is generally in good shape. Engine compartment needs detailing badly, but I've got my magician from Brumos Motor cars here in Jax working on that. I believe it has been at least three years since it has run, so we are dropping the fuel tank and sending it off for renewal. All rubber gasketing and fuel lines need replacing. All glass is good and top is good as is the headliner. Unfortunately, the mouton carpeting on the floor in back has the mange and needs to be replaced, however, the mouton on the doors is fine. Front carpeting needs replacement, but Lewis Jenkins can handle that. If I can figure out how to post photos, I will. I am not an email genius. The car is very solid, and all panels fit well. It shows 23,000 miles, which I am told is accurate. Larry Falloon at GM is digging up the build sheets along with factory photos. It should be ready for Amelia, but no repaint. Just a dressing. Don't look for a 100 point car, but look for a good driver. We'll address the paint later. First thing is to get the chrome done and get it running for the March show. More later. Bill Warner

Bill, thank you for the great report. Please keep us posted on your progress. It is exciting to realize that this significant car will be enjoyed once again.

We look forward to seeing photos. If you have any difficulty with posting them here, let us know, and we can walk through the process with you.

I appreciate that you're making the effort to keep us up-to-date with the car.

Guest imported_MrEarl

YES!!!! smile.gif

Thanks Bill for that great report and news.Man you didn't waste any time jumping on her and starting to take care of her did you. I just want to say one more time how glad I am that this car has finally made it into some appreciative hands that can give it the respect and treament it deserves.

I'll add more later but wanted to go ahead and add the following links. These are links of threads related to the 54 Landau that preceed this last one of Bill's. Id like to make this the official "1954 Buick Landau" thread. Bill if you will in the future pull this thread up and add to it, it will make it easier for everyone to follow. You or anyone else may want to add it to "My Favorites" at the bottom of the page and that will make it easier to lok up.

Bill let me know if I can help post pictures. The hardest part of posting pictures here seem to be the size. Sometimes I just give up myself.

54Landau1

54Landau2

54Landau3

54Landau4

Dang it, can anyone tell me why this page got so wide after I added all the links? mad.gif Anyway to fix? confused.gif

Or was there a better way of acomplishing what I was trying to do re consolidating the post related to the Landau.

EDIT) I can't believe it but with help from Thriller I actually fixed it!!!Who says you can't teach an old fart new tricks grin.gif

Guest imported_Thriller

MrEarl,

I think when posting a link it allows you to put in something like a title, which doesn't have to be the actual page...that is how some folks post something like "eBay link" without having the complete URL.

Classic Buicks

OK...I just did it to verify...if you click on URL in the Instant BBB Code below when posting, in the first window, you put the link. Then a second window comes up where you can put in a title (like Classic Buicks above which I just grabbed from another thread).

The BBB code generated is:

{open square bracket}url=http://www.classicbuicks.com/{close square bracket}Classic Buicks{open sq. bracket}/url{close sq. bracket}

I hope this helps.

Guest imported_MrEarl

Thanks Thriller, I've always just copy and pasted directly to the page. Is there ANYWAY to FIX my screw up. I hate for this thread to continue like this. I'm workin on fixin it y'all

EDIT #2

Thanks Thriller, I don't know how but I actually did it. Now if I can only figure out what I did.I'm so proud of myself!!!

Guest imported_MrEarl

Here is a photo being offered on eBay of the Buick area of the 1954 GM Motorama Note the Landau and Wildcat. I've already got an original so don't hesitate to bid on my account wink.gif

54Motorama

(Thriller, I'm sure having fun playing with this URL you taught me)

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(Thriller, I'm sure having fun playing with this URL you taught me) </div></div>

cool.gifcool.gifgrin.gif