IS THERE A PUBLICATION OR BOOK ON PACKARD DEALERSHIPS?

joe kastellic

if you are a ember of PAC look in the membership book. there is a roster keeper for packard dealerships. i have sent him a few that i have come accross.

I have a list from a 1940 Packard book by Hollingsworth. The distributor for the Cleveland area was Packard Cleveland Company at 9306 Carnegie Ave. in Garfield. Looks like there were 5 dealers in Cleveland and about 30 others in the area that the above distributor serviced.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you have the names of the 5 dealershps that were in the cleveland area at that time? There is the one that is still standing at 9306 carneige ave. and it is in GREAT shape. It belongs to the CLEVELAND CLINIC you can still perfectly see PACKARD across the front of the building its eched in the stone for all to see. the other Packard dealership is located at 5150 prospect ave and on both sides of the building the worn faded Packard logo is still plainly visible from the street. I had been in the one at prospect ave many years ago, because a freind of mine was using shorw room floor area as a photo studio. The inside of building was still very beautiful in its "Art Deco" style I would have to say that it probaly was built in the 20's . It still had the marble floor with the Packard crest of arms in the center of the floor!! this would be a great place to store your car!!! I will try to take some pictures of the outside and post them for all to enjoy!! Joe

Here are some addresses from a 1939 list:

Basta Motor

11903 Miles Ave.

North Ohio Motor

5005 Euclid Ave

Packard Brookside

3161 W. 25th St.

Shanman Motors

12100 Kinsman Rd

Leo Conway Motors

2770 Mayfield Rd.

Shaker Packard

3465 Warrensville Center Rd

• 5 months later...
Guest imported_PackardV8

I learned about this dealer today: Name of Packard-Clipper dealership not yet known for sure but it was in Bediford Maine, "left side" of Main st. The owners name was Carlton Banks. More info to come from the owners nephew.

• 8 years later...
Guest A316403

I was at the Cleveland Clinic looking out the window of my mom's room. I see this grand old building with holes cut into it for a skywalk. I saw the letters P-A (hole) R-D. I thought it was a Federal bldg. but didnt know what the letters meant. So I looked it up and its an old Packard dealership and then I found this thread. So, here you go...

post-100334-143142470537_thumb.jpg

post-100334-143142470506_thumb.jpg

post-100334-143142470524_thumb.jpg