1948 Chrysler Continental

I wonder how many of you MoPar guys know about this car. As I understand it, the owner of the Schenley distillery commissioned Durham to build two of these cars using 1948 Chrysler New Yorker Coupes as a basis. This one showed up at the Lincon Continental Owner's Club meet in Beaumont, California in 1972. (See Attachment)

If anybody has any further information about these cars, I'd appreciate hearing it.

Check out: http://community.webshots.com/album/64598523wJEgJv

I wonder if this car (or the other one) still exists.

Thanks,

HI. I'm no MoPar guy, But there was a red one in "Honest Gene" Matlocks junk yard in Honey Brook Pa, around 1958 to 60. It was in nice shape & Gene said he picked it up around Philly & drove it to his yard. I came real close to buying it for the body style only, as I really never cared for Chryslers. back then. It was there for over a year before it was sold. During that time it got some side damage & grille was pushed in, but no damage to the special trunk with the top, lift up lid. I think he sold it for $175.00. Gene used to get unusal cars like it from Philly Main Line as it was called. Jack

It's interesting how we can remember seeing certain interesting cars in long by-gone years. I remember riding a bus from Los Angeles to Riverside, California in 1957 and seeing a pretty nice Lincoln Continental sitting in a junkyard somewhere in East Los Angeles. When we moved to California in the mid-60's, I tried re-tracing that route. Not only did I not find the Lincoln, the whole junkyard was gone! I was finally able to acquire a 1947 Lincoln Continental in 1964, which I still own.

The pictures of the 1948 CHRYSLER Continental were taken in 1972. The question that has piqued my interest is: Where are they NOW?