1928 Pontiac

iankhris

I have a 1928 Pontiac 6 Landau sedan. Looking for parts to restore it. A few years ago I heard of a guy turning his '28 into a hot rod and looking to sell a bunch of the original parts (not a good choice in my book). Anyone know this guy so I can get my hands on those parts?

• 4 years later...
Guest tim hayes

Bob: I am looking for a cooling system pipe for my 28 pontiac, it spans the split block, sits on top of the engine and attaches in the front to the radiator hose. If you have one, email me at wmthayes@aol.com. Tim Hayes

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest jpatsimas

I have a 28 Pontiac sedan that I am rat rodding I have a running complete engine, tranny ALLMOST PERFECT radiator steering box front leafs. complete rear end front brake drums etc heater box, axle for the car I am located in middle Tennessee (TULLAHOMA) I need door cranks however and if anyone has those shade units for the rear drivers side doors

THANKS

patsimas@msn.com

Edited by jpatsimas
email (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ronaldl
I have a 27 pontiac roadster that I am parting out .Let me know what you need.Bob

I need a steering column or the split nuts (not sure this is what they are called) for a 1927:D

• 3 years later...
Guest caddylicious

Hello,

I have a coplete powertrain that was removed from a running show car, a few years ago. It IS ESSENTUALLY EVERYTHINgthat would have been pulled, except frame.

I have some pics.

Many THANKS

Tom

• 1 month later...
Guest kaycee

Hi Tom,

On your '28 Pontiac parts would you have the long rectangular box that bolts on top of the exhaust manifold? It's part of a heater that goes through the firewall to heat the interior of the car, and I have the "snout" that comes off of it. ' Just need the long box. Thanks!

kaycee

• 1 month later...
Guest kaycee

Hi Jo Bo,

Do you have the long rectangular box that fits over the exhaust manifold and goes to the firewall for the heater for the inside of the car on a '28 Pontiac? I have the "snout" part, and just need the box or a picture or measurements of it. Please reply or PM me. Thanks!

kaycee

• 4 months later...
Guest Ricky Rowland

Hi, my name is Rick Rowland and I have a 1928 two door that I am restoring. I was wondering what parts that you might have in regards to interior. I am looking for hand straps to aid in getting in and out of the back seats, window shades, etc.

Thanks,

Rick

• 3 months later...
Guest Ricky Rowland

I do have a lot of parts including headlights carburetors transmissions spoked rims rear end front axial assembly seat etc. not sure about switch

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Trotskie10, If you do not have an existing deck lid as a pattern start here. Since the deck lid on these old wood bodied cars is crimped over a nailing flange many people just replace the whole thing with new, ie wood, sheet metal, nailing flanges, everything. Use the quarter panels to get the curve. My 29 Chevy coupe uses three pieces of wood finger jointed together for the deck lid frame curve on each side. It has three cross members, the bottom one has the handle and latch mechanism, and the top front cross member piece goes up under the back side of the cab in order to keep water out. On many of these models the sheet metal for the deck lid fits OVER the top of the quarter panels, not between it. This is where the nailing flange comes in so that the wood frame fits between the quarter panel drip rails and the flange hides it all when the deck lid is closed. For hardware parts many of the closed car GM bodies were made by Fisher and if not identical are very similar. Chevrolet deck lid hinges and latches may be much easier to find. Keep us posted as to your progress. Art S