1959 Plymouth Suburban Info NEEDED??????

59 wagon production is as follows:

Deluxe wagon 2dr : 15,074.

Custom wagon 2dr, 6P : 1,852.

Deluxe wagon 4dr. : 35,086.

Custom wagon 4dr 6P : 35,024.

Custom wagon 4dr 9P : 16,993.

Sport wagon 4dr 6P : 7,224.

Sport wagon 4dr 9P : 9,549.

Engines: L6, 230.2 cu.inches.

V8, 318.0 cu.inches.

V8, 361.0 cu.inches.

Rare? oh yeah. Collectible? Wagons are in again! They are costly to restore, so get a good one. Valuable? Not when compared to a convertible. Resale is not the factor in restoring one. If you want to make a profit, get a convertible. Want to make people smile when you pull up at a tailgate party, buy the wagon!

David

David

Thanks for the reply, I am looking at a 1959 Suburban 2 door with stick shift and a six cylinder engine. Now whats the difference between the deluxe and the custom? Also this car is an all original in #5 condition complete with 51,000 original miles, would it be worth $5,000?

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve!

In wagon lingo, the "Deluxe" was the base model using the Savoy trim. The "Custom" was a mid-level model and used Belvedere trim. The fanciest wagons were the "Sport" Suburbans. They had Fury trim.

When you say it is in #5 condition, what is your guide? 1-10 and 1 being perfect? I think Old Car Buyers Guide lists conditions of 1 thru 5. 1 being perfect and 5 being a parts car. For $5000 I would hope it is in really nice original shape.