Frame serial numbers

Near the steering box, my frame is stamped 0 6 1951. how are these number related to the Fedco numbers? The frame is obviously a 31 Imperial frame

(long wheelbase, huge (17"?)brakes and no "X" crossmember (like a 1932 would have)

Is there a way to figure out the actual serial number? at some point I hope to register this beast and I'm sure the state will want something.

Thanks

Guest imported_sherwoodk

The 1931 Imperial chassis numbers are really CG 1951. You have misread the stamping of the serial number which, by the way, is also the engine number. There is no Fedco number for any 1931 models. Did you buy this from Dale Johnson?

Sincerely,

Sherwood Kahlenberg

Hello Sherwood

I thought perhaps it wasn't "0 6" as they were pretty hard to read.

So would the actual serial number be CG 1951?

Yes I did buy this from Dale Johnson. Were you familiar with it?

I haven't really waded into it yet but I can see i'm going to need some brake parts; any ideas?

Are you on the West Coast also?

Thanks for your help.

Guest imported_sherwoodk

Leif:

I am in Los Angeles. Brake parts will not be easy to get as they are, to my recollection, CG only. Yes, I have known of the chassis for years but wasn't interested. Sherwood

Guest imported_sherwoodk

Leif: The serial number would have been found on the passenger side door jamb -- hinge side. What you have is engine/chassis number.

Sherwood

• 1 month later...