1928 model ? Help

tmla

I have this car narrowed down to a 1925-1928 Chrysler model 58, 50 or 52 (depending on the year) Does it look familiar to anyone? It is a 4 cylinder with the #129640A stamped in the right side. I could use any feedback.

Thanks TMLA

There is a Fedco number on the center of the dash,in a brass plate. It should read two letters, three numbers, and one letter. This number will translate to a serial number. The engine serial number does not coorespond to the fedco number. The code to translate the Fedco marking is as following:

WPCHRYSLED

Chrysler 58 WW-100-P thru WY-560-W

YC-200-P thru YR-046-S

Chrysler 50 FW-000-P thru FL-486-E

Chrysler 52 HW-000=P thru HL-685-L

Using the above info you should be able to tell the series and approximate

date of manufacture.

Harry-J,

Are those numbers "hidden" on the plaque or are they in plain sight? I can't seem to find any. The plaque is rusty so I toke a rubbing and still nothing. However, if I look at it at an angle I can see the letter and numbers C 8 S or 5 I'm not sure on the last one. Any ideas on how to clean the plaque with out ruining it?

Thanks TMLA

I own a 1928 series "72", my car has a brass plaque in the center of the dash. It is hard to read. The code is above and below the W. P. Chrysler signature on the right hand side of the tag. I cannot advise you on how to preserve and uncover the numbers. The codes in my previous came directly from

" The Chrysler Master Parts List for all Models Prior to 1934".