Worth Buying? 1948 olds

Hello... I am new to oldsmobiles I have owned several old chevys but this one seemed to be a good deal just wanted som input...ok ..its a 1948 oldsmobile 4dr 98 i belive..the car was last registered in 1961 and looks like that was the last time it was started...it has 49,780 miles hydormatic very little body damage and no rust the interior is there but in very bad condition its missing the horn button, radio,hood ornament and glove box latch other than that its complete. It also has quite a few accessories the asking price for the car is $900...is it worth it or would I be getting into a bug mess?

• 1 month later...

I agree. A rust-free car is worth $900 if all you do is part it. These are mechanically simple and straightforward cars with good club and parts support and the fat-fendered look of late forties GM cars is always in style.

If the engine is free, all the better. It's not a powerhouse by any stretch, but it was a dependable engine and any machine shop can rebuild it. Shouldn't be too hard to find someone to service the Hydra-Matic either- they were very simple in those days.