1940 Roadmaster coupe, '37 4dr

Pontiac59

Anyone in need of a project? I am wondering which grilles fit a '40 Roadmaster, found a nearly complete coupe - missing grille and bumpers is about it. Buddy has half a grille but I am not sure if it's 40, 41, or even maybe postwar. This car is good street rod material, but it does have the drivetrain intact, even has the trunk ornament intact... looks kind of like a Cadillac from behind, is the big GM body -

Also, what's a good '37 grille worth? May have to buy a whole car to get it and the car is both burned out (ages ago) and missing the trans.. about all that's much good on it is the nose, grille, maybe the fenders. I would imagine it needs rechrome, but it does not appear to be broken... which is probably the key.

Oh, and as you look at the attachment, don't you just love summertime?

Thanks -

Well, I'm trying to figure out if it's worth my time to get involved in them. I can look at Old Cars Price Guide and see the '40 should be worth somewhere between $1200 (parts only) and $3300 (#5 car) but some of the numbers I see in there, I can't figure where they come from let alone make any sense.

'40 has the rear fenders molded in (looked like with bondo), everything looked pretty solid on it but the paint's gone. If I didn't already have too many cars, I'd get this one just because they look so nice.

Location is upstate New York. I do have a resource for a hauler that is supposed to be fairly inexpensive, the person who recommended it had a car hauled nearly coast to coast for less than $1000. (they're filling trucks that would otherwise run empty).

• 3 weeks later...