So called "Wonder Products"

CrestaMan

Hi all,

On Sunday I attended the Bromley Pagent of Motoring hoping to sell my '56 Ford Fairlane as an "Upgrade" for the typical Ford MKII Zodiac owner. tongue.gif

Whilst perusing the autojumble I can accross many salesmen demonstrating various wonder products to anyone and everyone. One of these actually interested me so I stumped up the £20 asking price and fitted it to my Scimitar Monday evening.

The product in question is a little plastic cylinder that fits on the coil HT lead and instead of giving one big spark gives 5 smaller sparks which supposedly give better combustion resulting in more power, better mpg, longer plug life and will still work when plugs are almost totally knackered.

Before fitting the thingy my Scimitar would miss and backfire under load at anything over mild acceloration and would be a pig whilst still on choke..

Now she idles lovely under choke and and goes like stink right up to 6K revs grin.gif Highly recommended

Has anyone else had good or bad results with other types of "Miracle Gizmos"???

Best Regards

CrestaMan

We have them here in the States too, and my uncle used to swear by them for Farmall tractors and six-cylinder Chevrolets.

The demonstrations here usually switch between the factory ignition and the product, which is nothing more than a small high-voltage transformer. More voltage to the plugs = more spark and smoother performance.