GREAT RACE

RO

I only found 62 cars registered at www.greatrace.com, but below are the two Packards, both from the east coast of Florida. They will be driving by Monday about 70 miles west of here and we'll venture over there to see them.

#32 1935 PACKARD 1201, 356 CUBES, 130 HP ? FT. LAUDERDALE

#33 1932 PACKATRD LIGHT, 320 CUBES, 110 HP ? MELBOURNE, FL.

They have arrived in Columbus and should be just about gone by now on their way to B'ham. We had about 9 local cars lined up for them to look at but with the heat the way it was I doubt any of them took the time to look at them as they bee-lined for the nearest A/C unit. There are 4 Packards

2 pre-20's and 2 30's. The blue shovel-nose is gorgeous. there were some others as well that were unique.

Give them a good welcome RO. when they come thru H'ville.

Thanks Steve. I saw only two of the Packards today over in Florence; was there four hours so maybe they did not make it; have to chekc results tonight. I will try to post photos of the two I did see later this evening if I can get them reduced sufficiently for attaching.

Went to a weekend concert at the symphony center to hear some big band music and other tunes from the '40s. To add to the "atmosphere" they had two restored Packards parked at the entry to symphony hall - a black '48 sedan and a yellow '41 convertible. Needless to say I enjoyed talking with the guys who owned the cars as much as the show. And both cars were mobbed by the audience who wanted to see every inch of them. Amazing how a couple of old Packards can bring smiles to so many faces.