1937 Chrysler Airflow for sale

I purchased this car in 1970 from the local Ford dealer who had taken the car in on trade for a new LTD. The person that traded it in was a local farmer who was the original owner. He told me how many bushels of corn he paid for the car but I can't remember the exact number. I overhauled the engine (mainly rings and valve job); re-chromed the bumpers and some accessories, flushed the radiator, and refurbished the hydraulic brakes. The car has always been garaged. However, during its many years of storage, it has incurred some mouse damage to the interior seats. The exterior was repainted by the original owner,probably in the 1950's. It has about 126,000 miles on it. There are no rust or dents. I have the original owners manual and keys. The car starts easily and runs. I drove it a couple of miles recently, but the hydraulic brakes are not functioning. They were working when I last drove it (about 20 years ago) so I suspect some of the rubber parts have gone bad. I use the emergency brake to stop it. Most of the glass is original and some is starting to separate and discolor. It also has the tires on it from the 1950's. I also have an extra spare with an S-4 tire from WWII that still holds air.

I also have a parts car that is a mandatory part of the deal. The cars have been stored at my parent's home in northeastern Colorado and it's time to clean up the yard. The parts car is pretty complete but has been setting outside for the last 34 years so you can guess the condition. I can e-mail pictures if you're interested.

I'm asking $13,500, including the parts car.

If you have questions or are interested in looking at the car, you can reach me at (719)388-8241 or e-mail me at hfranson@msn.com.