Experts-Please HELP! AC question

rrs814

OK..forgive me, It's not about my Reatta, but regarding my '95 Eldo ATC. PLEASE HELP!!! I'll put you in my will----- confused.gif My mechanic (he's done quite a few things for me and I trust him) just called about my new compressor (not rebuilt) he installed in my '95 Eldo, but it won't power up! He claims to have FSM access via the web. I just hope one of you fine people might be able to steer us in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Well for the Reatta, once you have lost pressure a flag is set in the BCM to prevent the compressor from trying to start and even after you fix the problem, the flag is still set. The way to clear the flag is to disconnect the battery for a few seconds.

Even if he disconnected the battery while replacing the compressor, many mechanics use a 9v battery as a "keep alive" to avoid having to reset the clock and radio. This will also keep the "do not power the comressor" flag set.

Yes sir, Padgett.. you are indeed a good guy! Hey all, I'm sorry it's not Reatta related, but I had to be quick. I did post this on :auto forum ( I think that's it) and got "low pressure or high pressure cutout switch trouble" as a guess. Thanks again!!!