Posted my first TC Project "Installing a Cupholder"

• 10 years later...
Guest TJDasen2
I posted the text version of my cupholder project. I'll take some pictures this weekend to complete it.

Cupholder Project Page

My next project will be the boostvalve install. If anyone else needs web space to post a project let me know, I'm be happy to help.

I cannot get this page to load using google. Anyone else have a problem? I'd really like to see this cupholder!

TJDasenbrock

I can't get it to load either, sometimes links don't work for technical reasons and sometimes they don't work because they have expired or been removed, if this link isn't working in a couple of days call it gone for good.

I have seen the link and am still considering the addition to my TC. The cup holder is pop out with drop down foldouts for two cups. It's from the dash of other vintage Chrysler's that is trimmed to fit and mounted inside the cubby where the factory single CD player would be if installed. Great location, looks like it came with the car and for the past two years I have looked in every mid 80's to early 90's Dodge, Chrysler and Plymouth hoping to find one. This part isn't Chrysler specific, virtually the same assembly also came in some GM cars, haven't found any of those either.

In our part of the country rusty cars don't sit long in the yard before they get crushed. Cash for clunkers made a big hole in available good used parts and salvage yards don't usually pull and store this type of part. If the link comes back it is a great thing to look at to see how it was done, but the odds of walking into a U-pull yard or finding one in a farm field are pretty darn slim. While looking in cars for things that will fit the space available I did come across a Volvo pop out ashtray that's easily converted into a cup holder and a perfect fit for the spot, the yard wanted $50 for this part, needless to say I'm still looking for my pop out cup holder. Eventually I will come across something readily available and when I do I will document with pics and post.