"She's a beauty"

29 Chandler

Did anyone else just recieve an email from Pauline Porter about putting their car in a USC student film? She refers to seeing my car on a website (this is the only spot I can think of). She calls it a beauty. My car is far from a show car. Still has all the dings, dirt and scratches it earned on the road over fourty years ago. For this reason I suspect it is a hoax and I hesitate to respond and give crediability to the email address.

Read the email below and compare the comments to the picture posted to the left.

Why Hello there!

My name is Paulina Porter! I'm a film student at the University of Southern

California (USC). I came across your car on this web site while doing some

research for a film I will be producing and I just want to commend you on it!

It's exactly what I had in mind for our particular film and i'm wondering if

you might be interested it in our film? It would be a great opportunity to

show it's beauty to an audience! And it would help us out greatly as well!

Or if you know of anybody else that might be interested please let me know!

It would be highly appreciated!

Thanks a bunch! Hope to hear from you soon!

Paulina Porter!

[color:\\"blue\\"]

Guest BillP

Sounds flattering but impersonal. You probably weren't the only winner of her beauty contest. However, it may be your fifteen minutes of fame, you lucky dog!

Possible response:

Why Hello There!

My name is, well you already know, because, gee, you wrote me! Listen, got your note, thanks so much, love to do the film! Have your people call mine re: my fee!

Thanks a bunch!

Just call me Chandler!

At this point the car is partly in pieces, it will roll but not stop. It's not going any where right now. Wish I could a least consider taking part in the movie. Had our house in a movie a few years ago. It was a GREAT experience, but probably the exception as I was warned by friends and members of the film crew about other film crew experiences.

ts interesting that so far I am the only one that got the email so unless I here other wise I will tend to believe it to be legit.

I had several friends who had their cars in the movie <span style="font-style: italic">The Temptations</span>, which was shot in Coraopolis, PA. By all accounts this was a rushed, tight-scheduled shoot that was a nightmare for the film company, but they had the time to treat the car owners and their cars very well. To my knowledge none of them had anything but praise for the experience. smile.gif

Also just because the car isn't operable doesn't mean that a film project wouldn't find it of use. In most films there's more call for parked/stationary vehicles than there is for moving vehicles!

Guest imported_Big Jake

We have an active film schedule here in New Olreans and our club as well as others have made up a list of those who wish to partisapate in films. "Shot in New Orleans" (local film arrangement company) has our list and will contact us if there need a particular truck/car they pay well at $300.00 per day min. plus if the vechicle is used an an "extra" you get to drive it. if a "actor" get to drive it its about 500.00 per day and full coverage on damamge. I can't wait to get my truck on the list.

Jake