Info needed

rdstorer

I am thinking about putting my car in one of our local "cruise in's". My car isn't really a show car but where I live there very few Reatta's and most people have never seen one. I got my 89 last June and I have not seen another one since. If I put it in a show I would like to be able to make a placard with some of the car's information on it, such as, how many were made like mine, date of manufacture, etc. Where can I get information like that.

Also, I see lots of tires that really have a shine. I am not satisfied with my tire spray. What do you all use?

Thanks in advance.

Dick [color:\\"black\\"]

Guest EDBS0

product_g74.gif

This is how I described my first 89 when I sold it. Some might help.

1989 Buick Reatta $ 613- rare collectors car.

This hand-built sporty rare find is truly a flagship from Buick! Loaded with standard features.

This sharp coupe will turn heads everywhere it goes!

Power everything, hottest blue color combination. Please note that this is a '89 with 181,000 miles but not to worry, That 3800 motor GM makes is incredible. Great fuel economy and powerful performance to boot, maintained with synthetic oil and transmission fluids. Recently painted, the body looks almost new and the non-smoker cockpit has no rips or tears in the super soft leather. Original plastic front fenders.

Automatic 4 speed, CRT touch-sensitive computer console dashboard, power windows, power locks, power mirrors, dual power seats, cold R134 conversion air conditioning, factory cassette stereo w/power antennae, aluminum/alloy wheels, anti-lock brakes, 4 wheel cross drilled rotors, carbon metal fiber disk pads, automatic 4-Speed transmission, center console, climate control for AC, cruise control, digital clock, digital instrument panel, dual power seats, fog lights, intermittent wipers, leather seats, leather steering wheel, power antenna, power brakes, power door locks, power mirrors, power steering, power windows, premium sound system, rear window defroster, remote trunk release, tilt steering wheel, tinted glass. Sticking sunroof that doesn?t leak. My daily summer driver.

This rare collectors car will only appreciate in value. 7,091 produces in 1989 a total of 21,751 over 4 years and it can be yours for only $.

More info here http://www.reatta.net/newspaper.html

Go to www.reatta.net and look for the model change information. We do not exact color break-outs for the 1989 but on that same site, you will find the database. By using the input from owners, we can project the number of cars made in each color. Using the color break down for 1989, you could project that if your car is red, then about 2453 (35% of 7009) were red.

The lower volume colors are grey, silver, and blue.

Also you will find that the cars were so fully equipped that there were but two extra cost options, the 16 way drivers seat and the sunroof.

The side molding could be ordered in black or the body color at no extra cost and the pinstripe was available in 8 colors, the order form recommended that the stripe be the color of the interior, but technically, any body stripe color could be ordered with any exterior color. There was also a pinstripe delete option which is fairly rare.