Looking for HELP to I.D. CAR PHOTO!

JimNap

Hello all!

Looking for any help to I.D. the car in the attached photo of my Grand-uncle (?) (Grandmother's brother). I've spent countless hours reviewing the 1600 page "Standard Catalog of American Cars 1805-1942" to no avail. I'm beginning to think it is of European origin - unless I just overlooked it.

When studying the photo, I tried to note certain cues particular to a vehicle such as the radiator cap/ornament, fenders, wheels, etc.

Any input (guesses) are appreciated.

If you know what it is, I'd be interested to know more (history, prices, availability, etc)

Many thanks in advance!

Jim

Those wheel hubs look like they have a triangle trademark in them, so I started comparing your picture to the pictures in Don Butler's <span style="font-style: italic">The History of Hudson</span>. I think what you have here is a later built custom roadster made out of a '23 or '24 Hudson Super Six. The wheels, hubs, fenders, lights and hood match well, but the plated radiator would have to have been a later addition/modification done with the custom body fabrication.

The marks in the hubs could also be Packard hexagons (the picture's kinda fuzzy), but I can't find a Packard hood that matches this car the way the Hudson hood does.

Or maybe I'm nuts! action-smiley-041.gifsmile.gif

I believe that the car is a 1916 to 20 Cadillac roadster that has had customization. The entire body has been replaced along with the wheels. A lot of cars were updated like this several years after they were new to add some pizzaz.

The fenders, splash aprons, radiator, lights and hood are all correct for this vintage Cadillac

Bob McAnlis

That's not a Cadillac hood. The Cadillac hood is taller and shorter. There's at least 4" of extra sheet metal behind the last louver on this car, the Caddy hoods I can find pictured don't appear to have enough room for another louver to the rear. Also the Caddy has the hasp attached below the last louver instead of behind it, like on this car.

I'm reasonably sure that this is a Hudson, or at least a Hudson body.