1950 Desoto Radio Model Numbers

I have seen Mopar radios for sale in various places but they only include the Mopar model number . I am looking for a radio for my 1950 Desoto Custom two door. What Mopar radios will fit in my Desoto ? The parts books I have do not include the model numbers of radios that will fit in my Desoto. I have seen a picture of the Mopar model 804 radio that looks correct for my car but just because it looks right doesn't mean it will fit. Any information on radio model numbers for my Desoto is appreciated .

Guest imported_BaronvonR

Hi,

According to my 1950 MoPar Accessory Catalog the only radio that fits the 1950 S14 DeSoto is the Model 808 Radio. It is part number 1343831. It comes with a 7 inch speaker. I hope this helps you in your quest. Good Luck

• 8 years later...

DeSoto used the same radio for several years. I have seen them with different color dials, not sure if this was year difference or different color interiors in the same year. See if you can find one to match your instruments. They turn up at flea markets and on Ebay from time to time.

• 3 months later...

Looking for a working radio for a 1949 desoto any one have one?

Hi Dave,

I have an old Mopar Model 804 radio for your DeSoto if you are interested.

• 4 weeks later...