wooden spoked wheel identification

Hi, can someone tell me where I can find a resouce to identify a spoked wooden wheel? 12 spokes, steel rim, don't know exactly where to take measurements.

Thanks,

R

I really don't know, however I was told to double the tire width and subtract it from the tire height to get rim size. For example my Stanley has 4 1/2 by 34" tires. Two times 4 1/2 is nine subtracted from 34 gives a 25" wheel. Being very new to the antique car hobby, I am putting my neck on the chopping block. I am sure there are others that can help more.

Jim Showers

1921 Stanley 735B

Guest Indiana_Truck

Does the wheel have a tire on it? If so what size does it say? I have heard the same thing on size. A 32X6 works out to a 20" which is what my truck has. If you are looking to sell these wheels and they are 20" let me know as I need some myself.

Bob

Do you mean steel rim (ie you have a wheel and a rim) or do you mean wood spokes steel felloe. The felloe is the part of the wheel that is between the rim (which mounts the tire) and the spokes. If you advertised it as to spokes(quantity 12 and size [round, oval etc]), the actual outer diameter of the felloe, the width of the felloe, the outside diameter of the hub and the inside diameter both outer and inner (in other words the axle diameter at each side of the hub, the number of bolts holding the hub together, the number of bolts to mount the rim and providing you have it the diameter of the brake drum and wether or not it is for internal, external or both bands. With this information anyone looking for a wheel would know if it fit their application.