Who knows 1960 paint? Let's talk.. needing advice on originality

Hello, I'm looking for 'sage' advice about original paint on 1960 Chrysler Windsors. I'm needing to know specifics on how they were painted at the factory. I have what appears to be a pristinely original car, but i've found a couple of paint runs in some hard to see places... needing to know if these runs might be typical of a factory painted car, or if it might have had a respray sometime through the years. I find absolutely NO evidence of ANY paint on the rubber seals, which are original, and NO paint overspray residue of any kind on the car... none found anywhere. Anyone who might know how to tell if I have a factory original paintjob for sure?

There are several small places (nicks) on the car's finish that have been 'touched up' with a small brush with a matching color through the years. These are typical as to what i've seen before with original finishes.

Someone please help out, I want to know for sure if I can go ahead and keep saying that she's completely original, or if she's had a re-spray sometime.

email address is oquinn@indyweek.com

Thanks for reading!

Bryan O'Quinn, Durham,NC

Car can be seen in member car photo section on WPC club website. Light blue (SeaSpray) in color. Thanks!

Bryan;

As these cars were built on a "speeding" production line, various flaws can be considered as original, factory flaws. It's not uncommon to find grind marks, orange peel or runs in paint and any glues, mastics or other finishes applied to these cars. To me, it is a mistake to repaint them and polish the finish to too high as gloss, as they never came that way from the factory, and are thus not believable. Just applying a modern base/clear system results in a much deeper, richer finish than these cars had as new. Having said that, I do believe in using the modern materials for their superior results and resistance to sun and other ageing effects. However, you can stop your color sanding just short of perfection and have a result that is better than original without looking like a custom car.

Enjoy your cars originality--

Roger Irland

'60 New Yorker T&C--restored