HELP! poor college girl!!

i have a 2000 dodge dakota and lately its having trouble starting. i live in arizona and its about 80 degrees, so its not the weather. its not the starter or battery i dont think. my dad said something about the fuel filter or maybe the fuel injector. i would like some advice before i spend all my money on my car, even then i could be taken advantage of since i am young and female! if my problem sounds familiar to anyone, can you please reply!!! thanks so much!

I have a few Quiestions before I can help troubleshoot it. Does it do it all the time? Does it eventually start? Do you hear an electic motor sound in the fuel tank when you first turn on the key? let me know and I'll try to help.

Guest stude8

Hello, you should post your problem on the "Allpar" forum site. I'll attach the link to it. There are many self help guides to common Chrysler problems and the user bulletin boards like "EEK" will get you answers within hours from happy to help Chrysler drivers. I know the Dakota isn't an "EExtendedKcar" but they are an all around helpful bunch.

Another thing is to be more complete in your description, like, "engine cranks over but fails to start". Any recent history to give clues to the listeners. Good luck, Stude8

http://allpar.com/forums/index.php?act=SF&f=26