1941 carbs info

This is my question Dave, am head over heels into these very carburetors right now, they are a Holley, designated 06H, have a 1" venturi, and a Lincoln Zephyr V-12 script in the teardrop on the passenger side of the bowl, they are like the Ford Holley 94, with the 3 bolt mounting, but a little larger to feed the more cubic inches, maybe someone can tell me if the 1942 had the script carburetors too?? the '46-'48 did not, and had the 4 bolt mounting, Rolf

40-41 (std.) Zephyr (first) 06H-9510, (later) 16H-9510-B

41- optional w/automatic choke 16H-9505A,C

42 (std.) 26H-9505-C, (optional) w/automatic choke 26H-9505-D

Guest imported_V12Bill

06H only cast in carb bowl was for the 46 -48 and it was a 4 bolt carb. the 42 had the Zephyr script cast into the bowl and had a 4 bolt base. the earlier o6H had the Zephyr sript and 3 bolt bases. The bowl portion of the carb is interchangeable with the 3 bolt and 4 bolt bases. After 60 plus years anyone could have done anything to modify a broken or incorrect part to get their V 12 running again.Proof that you do need an authenticity manuel to see what is correct. I have seen a few errors in the manuel though. Maybe it is time for a revision. Bill

Bill

Bill