1931 Alpha Romeo

Road worthy - mint condition replica. Re-built Aplha Romeo looks like new, my uncle is going to let me have for pennies (well - not quite).

My Problem: would like to turn around and make a quick buck, but I don't know much about the demand (therefore value) for such a gem!

The car has been modified (engine/trainy) is Volkswagon under the hood - but looks original on exterior.

If I had the room or the liquidity - I'd be keeping this for myself!! Unfortunately I have neither.

Anyone who knows anyone that could help me with general info/history, place a sale value, determine demand, or help find buyer (willing to give a 2% commision) is greatly appreciated. Can send a digital photo to you.

I would guess by you quote ?Volkswagen under the hood? you are referring to a kit car several companies offered 31 Alfa Romeo in the mid 70?s. Kits such as the Kadison-Kelson could be bought for around $1K or less, buy a used bug for $300 and you were in business. Most had no or poor tops, no heaters and were about a usable as a Dune Buggy. Unfortunately the value of these have not faired any better than there worth when built. They are a hard sell, usually selling very cheap.

1937hp45 is about right for a fiberglass kit. If it is one of the more expensive Aluminum bodied kits I could bring $3K.

Kits/replicas have little "if any" historic value and are not allowed to compete in AACA events. So if your trying to sell it here, your on the wrong forum.

My suggestion, if you like it, keep it and have fun with it. It is not going to make you rich.

frown.gif