1953 and 1954 Buick Wildcat (not Wildcat ll)

Hello, Does anybody know where I can find some good all around photos of the

beautiful 1953 and 1954 Buick Wildcat convertibles? On line? [color:\\"purple\\"]

Welcome to the Buick Forum. Since you specify that it is not the Wildcat II you're seeking, I assume that you're looking for the car that is sometimes referred to as the Wildcat I:

wildl.jpg

53bwild1.jpg

1953buickwildcatiprototype03.jpg

1953.htm_txt_53_Wildcat_2.gif

Here's a link to an early GM publicity photo of the car:

http://www.gmphotostore.com/source/Detai...action=&ss=

Here's another link with some technical information:

http://www.river-road.net/oldcars/petersen/50dreams/02.html

There seems to be little on the Internet about this particular car, but "Collectible Automobile" published a beautiful, lavishly-illustrated article about this car in about 1990. I will identify the exact issue tomorrow and provide a telephone number where the back issue can be ordered.

Only one of the Wildcat I's is known to exist, and it's part of the Joe Bortz collection in Chicago. It is the car in the photographs. There is some thought that Buick may have built as many as four of the Wildcat I's, and these were strictly "dream cars" for the Motoramas.

The great article on this car -- and all the '62 - '70 production Wildcats -- is in the December, 1988 (Vol. 5, No. 4) issue of "Collectible Automobile". This can be ordered at 1-800-871-2022, and costs $8.95 plus $1.00 shipping and handling in the U.S.

The Wildcat II of 1954 exists in the Sloan Museum in Flint, and those of us who attended last summer's Buick Centennial saw the car -- along with many of Buick's other fabulous dream cars from the 1950's.

thumbnail_img_0_buick54_wildcat_2_2.jpgthumbnail_img_0_buick54_wildcat_2_1.jpg

I took two photos of the 1954 Wildcat II at the Sloan Museum on Saturday, July 26, 2003. First which is front view is attached here and second which is right side view is attached to a following message.

OH MY !!! Thanks Centurian, these arent the first pictures I have gotten from you. I never knew of this car. The Wildcat II I saw on the Heritage Tour was a blue one like the Sloan pictures. Must be a few of them ?

You old timers might not like it but does anyone have a picture of the 85 Wildcat concept. It was a mid-engine, 2seat, OHC 3.8 with a lifting bubble roof for entry. Saw some of the Reatta in it if I recall. Did I take the camera ? No !

Attached is front view of 1985 Wildcat taken at Sloan Museum Saturday, July 26, 2003.

This car was photographed with all other Buick concept cars for the 1993 Field of Dreams 90th anniversary poster which was used on the cover of the 1995 BCA Roster.

I also photographed what looks like the 1985 Wildcat in the concept car tents in the courtyard at the Flint Cultural Center, on Thursday, July 24, 2003. I only have the rear view and do not know if it is the same car as photographed in the Sloan on Saturday, a duplicate, or another concept car that I am unaware of.