Kiwi V-12 aluminum heads

Guest brechlrl

If that is the head you are asking about, it says plainly HOGAN AUCK, which is doubtlessly Auckland, if he doesn't have a web site, I will be happy to have a sharp friend in NZ check it out, but be prepared to pay many thousands of dollars, have heard those down-under heads are really steep in price, let me know, Rolf

Guest imported_brechlrl

LOL... I already own them.. I was just trying to find some info on them. They are new never installed.. Was wondering if anyone knew who Hogan is or was.

RB

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL... I already own them.. I was just trying to find some info on them. They are new never installed.. Was wondering if anyone knew who Hogan is or was.

RB </div></div>

Hogan-Hulk, professional Rastler.

You want to sell them? should be cheap, I've heard those heads from down under are ussually bargain basement priced! grin.gif I might take them off your hands for the freight to send them to me and get them out of your way.

Dave (rolf, stay out of this! grin.gif)

OK Gang, a comunique from NZ, and I vaguely remember now that those strange holes were for marine applications, interesting that the Hogan's are apparently still around down there, sort of the Barney Navarro of New Zealand, here is what Brian wrote me about it, Rolf

Hi Rolf

Hogan is a legend here and so is his son Garth, who I am acquainted with.

Old man Hogan was a boat racer mainly, I think, and made flathead V8 heads & manifolds as well as V12 units that were of excellent quality.

Garth gave me some photo's of a marinised V12 some years ago so I guess that's what those big holes are for, I'll see if I can find them and study a little more.

I hadn't heard Garth was producing heads again..maybe somebody else has the moulds?...in the US???

You may post this reply intact.

Regards

Brian NZ

Guest imported_brechlrl

The holes in the top are threaded, 2" in dia. That they were intended for marine use makes sense, water manifolding being complex in boat applications. The castings are thick and beautifully made. I cc'd the chambers, and they are 52cc. My stockers are 60cc so it probably raises the compression nearly 1 point.

RB