is it for sale ?.

Is this the one you are referring to Pete?? Looks like a pretty nice car, take the 700 made with a grain of salt, Rolf

For Sale: 1940 Lincoln-Zephyr Convertible Coupe. All original, factory dark blue finish, maroon leather interior, white top. 47,000 mi. Dad's pride and joy, parade car and sunday drives only, stored last 10 years. Only 700 made. $24,000. Email: LLJLLJ2@aol.com Phone 214-869-9495.

Hi Peter,

I inquired about this car last spring. I think the 700 production figure is pretty close to correct. I have a bunch of photos of the car. email kcd@texas.net for additional photos that I can't attach to this message. (It doesn't look much like the picture in LZOC, but still very complete and restorable - see attached). I have since bought a 1939 convertible (Production was 638 in 1939).

I received this message from the owner on March 23, 2002:

All-

I finally rec'd pix of the Zephyr from the guy storing it for me. I have also included the "story" of the car below. I am ready to sell!

While I grew up around the car, I mainly polished it for parades. This is what my father's friend recalls about the 40 Lincoln Zephyr convertible. His wife typed the email. Gene was around the car from the 60's (when Dad bought it from a guy in Mpls.- I think original owner) to mid-80's. I know it was driveable after that up until '93 when Dad passed away at age 59. I inherited it but it has been stored since in North Dakota and I am in Houston. While I hate to part with Dad's favorite car, I want someone to enjoy it. Plus I have 3 daughters going to college starting in 2 years, and the oldest wants her first car. I don't think the Zephyr is right for a 16 yr old!

Gene says the car is all original except for the engine and Ruxel (sp) rear end. The Ruxel 2 speed rear end came out of a 39 Zephyr that he had. No modernization was done. Gene says he thinks the engine has been rebuilt. It is not the right engine that belongs in the car. It has a flat head V-12 in it. It should be runable but it's hard to know. But I think it is runable. Swede put oil and stuff in the cylinders. It is driveable.

The interior could have some cracking of the leather. All original. The top probably needs replacing because of age--it would be stiff and cracked. He doesn't remember any dents in the body. It has the original paint on it. No rust. The undercarriage is pretty solid. Gene thinks the chrome is all there but doesn't know the condition, but was good 20 years ago. The pieces are all there.

The dash equipment and gauges all worked.

Remember car is midnight blue with dark red leather interior and white top. Whitewall tires.

I hope above gives you enough insight into whether you wish to visit the car or make an offer. It is not hard to get to Fargo and is 1 hr drive from there.

Regards,

Larry L. Johnson

281-660-0831 mob

281-679-4271 off