skirt lock nut

Keith L.

Looking for a source for the chrome hex nut on the fender skirts for my '41. Mine are pretty banged up. Thanks........Sure am glad I stayed out of the ebay ruckus. Oh, another thing, Rolf, does your rubber source also sell the pad for a '41 brakelight / lic. plate chrome piece?

Hi Kieth, I got that SL-license light pad from Bob Boos, this new source just seems to have the TL housing to body pads, someone used to advertise a repro on those skirt lock nuts, believe it was Wehilan, and they were $40 per, not certain, the old memory is often questionable, saw it in "The Way of the Zephyr", wonder if other "lurkers" on this site would rather there was no discussions like that E-bay one, or not, or whether they would say?? Good luck, Rolf

Oh Rolf. The E-Bay thing was fun. grin.gif Next time we'll talk about hot rods vs restored and new classes that need to be added.

I had a good time with the ebay thing, hope no one took offense.

I have been disapointed on ebay a few times just as I probably would be via mail order if not from a reputable company. But it sure makes searching thru dumpsters a lot easier! cool.gifcool.gif

Kieth, I just talked to Bob B on the phone less than an hour ago, he has a lot of stuff, (480) 837-0979, Dave, I am going to start another thread on your street rod topic, I have some pretty specific ideas about that too, Rolf