39 chrysler royal dash restoration

I am restoring a 39 chrysler business coupe.

My question is there anyone with information or advice on how to restore the plastic over lay on the gauge and glove box garnosh/door.

Can you recomend a plater to re-chrome the thin plastic strips on these parts?

There is a group at Yahoo! called Postwar Heavy Metal 46-48 Chrysler. If you go to the Messages area and check out posts 139 to 145, and 160, 162,166 and 168, you will find a fellow who does dashes. You may have to sign-up to Yahoo if you haven't already. http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/46-48Chryslers/

Another site you may want to look at is the P15-D24 site

http://www29.addr.com/~merc583/mopar/framesets/welcomeframeset.html

Off make and year for you but many mechanical similarities and a very active forum. Check the links section for parts and services and don't hesitate to ask on the forum.

Good Luck

Paddy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gentlemen:

Contact George Laurie in Australia, and ask him about reproducing your 1939-'40 Chrysler dash parts. He makes some of the best plastic lenses and emblems I've ever seen, and he's made several emblems and lenses for my 1950 DeSoto. He's been absolutely reliable and honest in his dealings with me and three of my friends.

I'll be happy to e-mail you photos of the pieces he's made for my DeSoto if you'd like to take a gander at his work.

Contact George here: georgelaurie@bigpond.com

Contact me here: jrobinson@msocmm.com

Good luck, and I'm sure George and do a good job for you.

JON

The attachement worked on my message above, and you'll see the photo of my DeSoto if you click the word "Attachment" in the upper-left of the message.

Now that I see that the attachment worked, I realize I forgot to mention what parts it was that George made for me. George made the parking light lenses and grill emblem you see in this photo.

JON