Airflows and Zephyrs

DizzyDale

Hey Diz, what do you want??? Airflow's and Zephyr's were very different attempts at streamlining cars, as was the Volkswagen Bug, after watching all the Kennedy 40 year stuff this weekend, it is hard to build a conspiracy about stramlining cars, unlike the assasination, Rolf

Hey Diz,

Are you thinking of the Airflow and Zephyr exhibit at the Peteresn Museum in Los Angeles? I've heard that there will be such an exhibit, but I don't know when it will be. It certainly should be interesting. There was some discussion about it at the Santa Maria LZOC swap meet on November 8, but not being a member of the Western Region any more, I missed part of that meeting. I'm sure Dave Cole will have information on it in a future issue of TWOTZ. "Stay tuned, Zephyr Fans!"

• 1 month later...

Ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find! Check out Mike Levy's Webshots photo album: http://community.webshots.com/album/111846624Kstfyg for a bunch of Airflow/Zephyr photos from the January 17, 2004 display at the Petersen Museum in Los Angeles. I almost bought the maroon 1939 Zephyr convertible last year. The blue 1938 3-w coupe is for sale on the LZOC website. tongue.gif The blue and primer Coupe-Sedan is a chopped, sectioned, and shortened '38 4-dr sedan with a '39 grille. It still has an HV-12 engine and really gets around Southern California. grin.gif

The '39 convertible was sold by Chris Jacques of Altamont, NY to Mike Geller in Los Angeles. I was interested in buying it from Mike, but I bought the green one (out of Marlboro, New York - see attachment) instead. (a whole different set of challenges). Sheldon owns the blue '38 coupe (currently advertised for sale in the LZOC website). He also owns an absolutely gorgeous '38 convertible coupe. He owned my '39 convertible when it was a mere shell in 1989. Sheldon also sold another '38 convertible (red) on the LZOC site last year.

I have just finished constructing a Webshots photo album of the LCOC Western National Meet - Oxnard, CA 1988. It's at:

http://community.webshots.com/album/111929227VeqOrO and contains photos of Roy Thorsen's '37 Zephyr coupe and Dave Cole's '40 Continental. These photos were captured from an old VHS video tape and the photo quality is not very good.

• 1 month later...