More 47-48 Lincoln help

roykuz

I don't know if the car is worth trying to save. The entire floor is gone, trunk bottom needs to be replaced, seats are shot, etc. Can I get floor panels, rocker panels for a 48 Lincoln. I have not got into the engine & drive train yet. I really would like to bring it back if possible. Thanks for any help, tips or advice.

Roy

Hi Roy, I hear you loud and clear, I have been wrestling with a very similar '41 club coupe, that came with no mechanicals as well as the rusty floors etc, because it was so rough and incomplete, we put the innards out of an '82 Continental under it, and it is now running, and is real nice with 4 wheel disc brakes, AOD transmission and a warmed up 302 engine, but it has been a labor of love, done by my son, and his trusty MIG welder, if you have the skill levels and enjoy the old "Make Something Out Of Nothing", syndrome, go for it, farming it out is prohibitive cost wise, and better postwars are available, check the LZOC postwar cars for sale site, may well be that the good parts of your present car would make an easy restoration on a better basic car, something to think about anyway, write me off site if you would like to see construction pictures of my project, take care, Rolf

Rolf, for some reason I got the e-mail back that I sent to you. I would love to see those pictures, any help at this point would be great.I have done several street rods,47 Merc, 2- 38 chevys. This is a real challange, do you have a source for rocker panels & floor panels? I can make the floor panels if I have to. The frame being welded to the body is a special challange itself. I have a great deal of welding experience mig & tig, but with very little to work with I will need some advice & information. thanks

Roy

Hey Roy, miraculously I came across the name of the patch panel guy, give him a shout, and let us all know if he can help us out with our rusty tin, Rolf

Just wanted to let everyone know 39 Zephyr floorpans are available.This is not an advertisement,just one of Pauls satisfied customers letting you fellow LZOC members know that this much needed very correct product is available. Paul Bradley,Charlotte,North Carolina 704-392-3206