Better Radiator Cap

materal

I talked to a gentleman at the Ford Centennial Meet (in the LZOC section) about an aftermarket radiator cap that has a spring on it. Apparently it seals better and provides better pressure which helps keep his Zephyr Convertible cooler when running on the highway. He takes it off and puts the original when he is showing the car. Has anyone else had any experience with this and if it works, where can I get one? I'm assuming they are not too hard to come by.

We put a new cap on mine when we had the radiator rebuilt, but as my system is not pressurized, it was just a normal cap. What made my 37 run cool even on hot summer days in Texas was totally redoing the radiator. We added modern racing style cores and more of them than we had before. Don't notice the change in appearance unless you look real close. If you want to drive you car a lot, then I would make sure the radiator is flawless. It is worth every penny. I also know folks who have added electric fans, I understand they add to cooling as well. I am sure this would really help in parades. I have always heard that the 38 up models get more air to the radiator because of the grill design. The way the 36-37 grill is made, a lot of the air flows around the radiator rather than through it.

Ace