Novice question on availability of Zephyr parts

Hello, I am very interested in buying a Zephyr in the near future, but before I dive in wanted to inquire about the difficulty in finding parts, especially for the V-12. Are there any after-market manufacturers for engine parts or is one limited to parting out junkyard autos, etc?

Many thanks for your help. Oh, in case it makes a difference, I would most like to get a '37.

Thanks,

Brent

Brent,

It is not as easy as finding parts for a classic Mustang, a pre-war Flathead Ford or a Model A, but there are parts out there and thanks to the internet and the LZ club, you can find almost anything. I am fairly new to the LZ game and have discovered that it pays to have a car that is pretty much complete. It is chrome, body sections, that sort of thing that are the most difficult and expensive to replace, but you can track even those parts down for most cars without a great deal of searching. The guys on this board, the men and women in the LZ club, they are a super help. They all will go that extra mile for you because of the passion they have for these cars. I drove my 37 to lunch today and there nothing like it!

Ace Collins